Gabriella Olsson has defended her doctoral thesis
On Dec 16th, 2016 Gabriella Olsson defended her doctoral thesis in Sociology entitled "Expressions of context. Studies of schools, families and health risk behaviours”.
The thesis explores the health behaviours of young people. The main focus is on risk behaviours, i.e. those which may have adverse consequences for health. Two fields of interest are looked at. On the one hand, the thesis explores social determinants of such behaviours, with particular focus on the influence of schools’ structural and social environment on health risk behaviours among youth. On the other hand, the thesis addresses the role of such behaviours in the relationship between childhood social inequalities and adult health.
Professor Michaela Benzeval from the University of Essex was the opponent.
The thesis can be accessed online.
January 25, 2017
Page editor: Jannike Kjellström
Source: Centre for Health Equity Studies (CHESS)
- CHESS research project and report about children of refugee parents with post-traumatic stress 2017-04-26
- CHESS researchers participated in the 5th Sweden-Brazilian Workshop 2017-04-24
- Andrea Dunlavy to defend her doctoral thesis 2017-04-04
- Lisa Berg involved in large research initiative on "Children, Migration, and Integration" 2017-03-28
- Sol Pía Juárez named docent 2017-03-23